Summer is here! Now that it’s officially summer, there are a few things that I always have in my ToteSavvy. Don't you love this jute bag by Little Adi + Co?Here are ten must-haves to make sure you’re prepared for lots of outdoor time over the next few months.
- First and foremost, I want my daughter to be protected from the sun. I cannot say enough good things about iPlay's Toddler Flap Sun Protection Hat. Since there is a brim in the front, on the sides, and in the back, I know her face and neck are protected. I love how the string cinches so that you can get the perfect fit around the back of the head. There is also a tie that goes underneath their chin, ensuring it will stay on (unlike many other hats I’ve tried).
- I go to Consumer Reports for reviews of many things, and each summer I make sure to check their list of sunscreens. One of the best performing ones was Pure Sun Defense sunscreen. It is inexpensive and found at many drugstores. As a bonus, it comes in character themed bottles, making it more appealing to kids. I plan to put some sunscreen into a small bottle like this one so I don’t have to tote the whole thing around with me.
- Lastly, as far as protection goes, are sunglasses. Luckily my daughter is obsessed with sunglasses (she calls them “goggles”), so I have that working in my favor (for now). I love Babiators and Beaba’s sunglasses because they are durable (bendable!) and stylish.
- Hydration is so important during these hot months. I pack her water, with some ice, in a Thermos Foogo insulated straw bottle. It keeps the water cold for hours!
- I also make sure to pack more snacks. Because the weather is so much nicer, I find myself away from the house for longer periods of time. By now, you know that I’m a die-hard Squeasy Snacker fan, however I also love the Beaba’s snack and formula container as well.
- During the summer we sometimes go to splash pads or to the pool. For this reason, I like to keep a wet bag on hand. Logan and Lenora have really cute ones! I also keep a spare outfit on hand (see: splash pads) and Rags to Raches makes adorable, comfortable, and stylish clothes for kids. There are so many cute patterns and styles!
- I’m not sure about other kids, but my daughter can gets so sweaty when she runs around. Yuck. I make sure to carry extra wipes so that I can wipe her down to cool her off if necessary. Because I want my wipes to be multi-use, I buy Water Wipes. They all are great for diaper changes, and because they are all natural, I feel safe using them on her face and body.
- Although I looooooove my JJ Cole Outdoor Mat, I don’t always want to lug around a giant blanket for on-the-go, spontaneous trips. Instead, I will pack a sarong that I bought while on vacation. It rolls up nicely in one of ToteSavvy's many pockets and can be used as a picnic blanket or a towel.
- Now that my daughter is over a year and a half, I was telling another mom how I need to start carrying Band-Aids in my bag! My daughter is very adventurous and active, and always has bruises and scrapes on her legs. She has yet to have a huge scrape, but I know it’s coming! I just bought some Lion King ones because we just took a trip to the zoo.
I can’t wait to get out and do some summer activities with my daughter! What do you like to pack in your bag for summertime?